¾ cup Native Spirits Soaring Thunderbird Chardonnay
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 10 inch Bundt pan.
2. In medium bowl combine the cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, nutmeg, vegetable oil, chardonnay, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake cool on rack in pan for 10 minutes than remove cake from pan to rack. Let cake cool completely before slicing. Garnish sliced cake with a dollop of whipped or dust with confectioners’ sugar and sliced strawberries.
4. Variation: You can also “flour” the pan after it’s been greased with cinnamon sugar for a textured crust. Simply fill in a clean salt shaker for easy application. This will eliminate that “white stuff” on the outside of your baked cake which makes for a prettier cake.
Ready In: approximately 1 hour & 10 minutes
1/3 cup Native Spirits Soaring Thunderbird Chardonnay
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
In a medium bowl, combine chardonnay and confectioners’ sugar. Beat in melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon water. Pour glaze over the cake.
Morning Dove Riesling Sangria
Ingredients 1 bottle of Morning Dove Riesling 1 lemon (cut into wedges) 1 orange (cut into wedges) 1 lime (cut into wedges) 1 peach (cut into wedges) 1 cup sliced strawberries 1/2 cup lemonade or limeade 1/2 cup sugar 2 shots of apricot, peach, or berry flavored brandy 2 cups ginger ale Optional: one can of diced pineapple pieces with juice
Directions 1. Pour wine into pitcher and squeeze the juice from all fruit wedges. Toss in the squeezed fruit wedges, then add the sliced peaches, strawberries, lemonade/limeade, sugar and brandy.
2. Chill overnight.
3. Add gingerale and ice just before serving.
Howling Wolf Shiraz Grilled Salmon
Ingredients 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup hot water 1/2 cup Howling Wolf Shiraz wine 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/3 cup olive oil 3 cloves garlic, minced 1/3 teaspoon lemon pepper 2 pounds salmon filets 1 tablespoon cornstarch 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions 1. In a bowl, mix the brown sugar in the hot water until dissolved. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag, & mix in wine, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, & lemon pepper. Place salmon in the bag, seal, & marinate 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat a grill for high heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Reserving marinade, place salmon on the grill, & cook 5-8 minutes on each side, or until easily flaked with a fork.
4. Transfer reserved marinade to a pot. Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Bring the marinade to a boil, and stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken. Serve over the salmon or on the side as a dipping sauce.